Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Rush Home

Sunday morning I was very very tired to be driving in a car. Yet, anxiety can keep one awake for a while. I was not going to be settled until we were in the vicinity of Layton. In my head I figured Layton is a reasonalbe time difference away that if trajedy were to hit us, someone could come to our rescue. You see, sunday was stake conference. It is actually our first one here in Woods Cross. I was asked to be the accompaniest for the Youth Choir that was singing for stake conference. I love playing for the choir. I've always liked playing in the spotlight, but yet hiding behind a huge instrument. So you see if there is no piano player it could get kind of stressful. I was to be at the regional center by 1pm. In a 5hr drive, many things have proven to cause delays.....puke, potty breaks, gasoline refills, road detours, snow storms, flat tires...the sky's the limit.
So anxiety, yes yes yes, I had anxiety. Somehow the husband, who is a classic case of anxiety, was absolutely calm and without any worries. WHAT!??
In case no one has heard yet, prayers are answered, even the smallest of get me home in time to be able to play without making a huge mistake infront of the whole stake. All was well. For the most part the whole family was ready to go in 1hr bathed and all. The husbands support is just amazing. He dropped me off on a beyond empty tank of gas, finished getting the kids ready, and put the roast in the oven, just in time to walk in on the opening prelude number.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Hello! I don't know if you remember me, but I used to be a part of your old ward. I have found several old friends this morning, just by linking from one blog to another and I was glad to find your family. I hope things are going well. Feel free to visit us at my blog, www.withasmile.wordpress.com

Melissa Millward :)