Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Good Friends

Looking back in retrospect of my life, I have always been blessed to have good friends. And now I know what a blessing that is in my life. California I had great friends that stuck from elementary school through high school. And I made new friends in high school. Moving on to Utah I made new friends in Lindon, and the singles ward, and at the places I worked. Then as life progressed on with Allen we moved. Those who know us know we moved OFTEN. As the family grew, it became annoying to move so often. But this weekend, I was able to recognized that moving so often was not annoying, yet an incredible blessing that not too many people receive. Each place we moved to we took new friends with us. Friends are what keep us glued together. To be able to move on to a new place, a new journey. Friends stick to us like glue. No matter where we are! I love my friends.

Friday we were lucky enough to see many of our "Idaho" friends. Carrie and Paul Jensen were sealed in the temple as a family for all eternity. The greatest piece of heaven one can ever witness is seeing a husband and wife sealed to each other and then their children. Beautiful just doesn't begin to describe it. The Jensens are friends that are glued to us forever....sorry jensens... In order to have gone to the temple I needed help watching the kids . My great friend Becky found herself busy, (she originally was going to take all 4 kids! great friend, yes she is) so I needed to find back up plans rather quickly. Jodie came to my rescue with the girls, and Janet took the boys. Kim stopped by Jodie's as I was gathering kids. I was in desperate need of a hair makeover and Gretchen was willing to come to my rescue with her ridiculous schedule that she has. We changed our traveling plans and I was unable to visit with her...but I have to make mention of her because great friends come to rescue when makeovers are necessary! Hotel LaFord is where we shacked up for the weekend. (LaFords are original "St. George" friends now "Idaho" friends) Friday night saturday morning was our itinerary but somehow making eggrolls and playing cards til 130am made us want to stay longer! Saturday we all hung out in Boise at the Discovery Center where we ran into more "Idaho" friends the Lancasters. Once again we played cards until 12am and talked until 2 am. 645am came rather early and we headed home.

A 5 hour drive, hay fields, and cow farms can cause you to ponder on alot of things. This trip taught me gratitude. Gratitude for a Father in Heaven who has blessed me with an eternal family, eternal friendships, and eternal lessons of gratitude. Gratitude Attitude...isn't that the saying?

stay tuned pictures will come in the near future!

2 comments:

Birrd said...

And your good Idaho friends who now live out on the prairie read your blog and feel very very happy....

We used to sing a song in Girl Scouts:

Make new friends
But keep the old
One is silver
And the other's gold

You're gold, Jen!

Shelly said...

You have good friends because you ARE a good friend!! Sorry I couldn't help out with babysitting, but I am glad we ran into you guys at the Discovery Center!! Game night here next time you are in town?!?