Thursday, September 18, 2008

I LOVE FM 100!!!


For a first post THIS ONE IS AMAZING!
I've been cleaning up the house, for most of the morning, fed the girls and put katherine down for a nap. I was in need of quiet time. So I plopped on the bed with the computer and looked at the clock...it was 1:20! Fm 100 here in salt lake has an "at work song of the day contest"(....um yes I was at my work, at home with my girls working all morning!!! And I have a home based business, i qualified!) You can register online and they'll show you the song of the day and the hour that it will be played. Today was U2 "With or without you" between 1-2. I had amy quickly turn the radio on while I was quickly looking for the song and a phone number. In case there still was a chance, I'd be ready. Sure enough before I can find the number the song starts playing. I quickly grabbed the house phone and the cell phone and started the mass dialing. Now yesterday. I waited around for 45 min for the song of the day, and called 25 times on my cell alone! No luck! Today, by the 3rd try on the cell it was ringing....oh my gosh I didn't know how to react to a non busy signal. So I kept the house phone calling just incase i was caller 9! (the winner was caller 10) Then my new best friend Bob Nelson said hello and immediately WHAT CALLER AM I? came shooting out of my mouth. I was number 10!!!! In my head iIwas thinking it was all a vision of what would happen if i did win...but for reals it was real. And guess what? Monday-Friday the winner gets 500 bucks...but on Thursdays which is today....I WON $1000!!! WAH WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I looked pretty ridiculous jumping on the floor from room to room. So what does one do when there's great news and no one to tell? You call the sister. Thanks James for sticking around...it was fun! She heard me on the internet. I love technoloogy...(work with me napoleon) So to all the moms.....listening to the radio alarm while in your bed cuz you dont want to start your day does pay off! Man do I love U2!!



5 comments:

the Arpkes said...

Well I'm glad you started a blog! Now it will be easier to keep in touch. I love the family pic and all of your cute kids. visit us @ thearpkes.blogspot.com
JoDee

Morgan said...

Wow Jen - how cool is that? Way to go! What are you going to spend your $1000 on?

Zumba Girl said...

Jen- So nice that you won 1000 dollars!! That is awesome- go to IKEA!! Ha Ha!! Also so nice that you have a blog and can keep me posted on it... I am sure it was just for me...Lots of love!!! Kim

The Sartain Family said...

I was a PROUD sister hearing you win that money! HA!!! WAHOO! So, you are gonna save some of it for when I get there, right?? Ps- I loved that you told him to 'SHUT UP' when he told you you were caller #10... I died laughing when I heard that. You are totally my sister. Congrats again!

Shelly said...

I love U2 too!! I just listened to that song right before reading this and it made me smile! I didn't win any money for it, though (I guess you just have all the luck). I look forward to reading your blog! Your pictures are adorable!