Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Betty Crocker

For the most part, I have a pit in my stomach every monday morning. Kids ran their way out of the house to school. The man is already gone before we really get moving. And I start my day looking at the weekend tornado that hit.
my house is at the end of this road

There was not one room in this house of ours where the carpet was visible. And I am the lucky one to sit amongst the mess all day. So supermom charges the batteries and away I go! But wait, I have 2 girls, who literally snuck in right behind as I left each room, to see how much more damage they can do. Are you kidding me? It's monday, I already have no patience for anything let alone terrors running around my ankles to create more nonsense! The magazines/scriptures on the table were no longer on the table, water is running in the bathroom, toilet paper on the floor, water is spilled on the kitchen table, and on the counter, amongst 4 night nights and 2 baby dolls in my walking path! Whew I'm getting all wound up just talking about it. Ok so by noon, I was done. No matter what I told both girls to go laydown in their room....well i knew sleeping was not going to take place, but at least they were confined to one room. I then cleaned the carpets in the living room, and forgot the boys had a half day all week. So they were home early. I needed to run to get cinnamon at the store, so I left for a bit....have i mentioned I can't find the van keys....yeah can't find them, so i'm stuck with allen's car......Well, because it was my LUCKY DAY after shopping, I returned to my car with a dead battery!! Wow I love Mondays. Thanks to a great friend who answered to the call of desperation, she gave me a jump and I was on my way home.
See, I knew all those times in high school when I had to jump the van just to go home, would pay off one day

So amongst the chores in the morning I started a batch of bread. Yes this is so out of my league, but I did it last week and it worked, and everyone ate it, so I thought to try it again. So I have 2 loaves of bread rising, zucchini bread baking (an attemt for the gals I visit teach, cuz there won't be much visiting ;) and well why stop there, I made biscuits for dinner. So even after spending the morning cleaning the kitchen, it still looked like betty crocker threw up all over my counter. But it's all good. So good we ate it! The man was impressed. Thank you Betty for pulling the best out of me yesterday.


2 comments:

Morgan said...

Oh, you have to love those days! I feel like that is everyday here. I baked yesterday too - six loaves of banana bread.

Shelly said...

You are amazing!! That's all there is to it!